Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12534 times
1. no need to add baking soda to the dough as we are adding sour curds to it, we will get crisp and soft stuff as it is.
if u add soda, there will be more consumption of oil and the oil will remain on the bonda as it is.
2. heat oil in a medium flame, do not keep full flame becoz once u start dropping the mixture, within seconds it will become dark brown in colour and there are chances of the dough not boiled inside thoroughly.
- Sieve maida, pour it into a bowl.
- Add sour curds, jeera, salt, finely chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves and green chillies and mix thorougly so that the dough should get a medium consistancy.
- Take out the coconut from the shell, cut them into small pieces like one's teeth, mix with the dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai, take the mixed dough in hand n drop them into the oil randomly as the size of a medium sized lemon.
- Deep fry them until golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and hot coffee.
This recipe was contributed by padmavathiravi on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.