by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25559 times
The Maharashtrian Amboli is a unique pancake made of a quick and easy rice flour batter. It takes just a few minutes to mix the ingredients into a batter and there is no need to ferment either.
The secret to getting the perfectly-textured Amboli lies in the consistency of the batter, which must not be very thin or thick.
If you get the batter of a proper dropping consistency, you will get nice and spongy Ambolis. Serve it hot, because rice flour tends to get chewy over time.
Relish it with any Maharashtrian subzi for a hearty meal. Try other subzis like Mixed Vegetable Subzi and Palak Matar Paneer Subzi .
- Combine all the ingredients along with 3 cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to get a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and lightly grease it with oil. Pour 1/3 cup of the batter from a height in a circular motion.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Put little oil and turn the side and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more ambolis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per amboli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.