Maharashtra Special Bharleli Vaangi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13329 times
Bharleli vaangi - maharashtrian dist is a maharashtrian recipe of cooking the brinjal or vangi which are slit and then filled with a delectably spicy filling and then cooked in hot oil with select spices. Enjoy with bhakri or rotli.
- Combine the coconut, peanut powder, red chilli powder, goda masala and salt in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slice the brinjals into four leaving them attached only at the stem.
- Stuff them with the prepared masala and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the stuffed brinjals. Add some water and cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the tamarind and jaggery water, salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.