5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59567 times
This is an off-beat and mind-blowing treat, which is sure to excite you! Here, dry-roasted Maggi is tossed with an assortment of yummy ingredients like puffed rice, peanuts, sev and delicious veggies like tomatoes and onions.
A dash of Maggi tastemaker and a splash of tomato ketchup boost the flavour of the Maggi Bhel further, making it a full-blown tongue-tickler. The best part is that this all-new snack is also easy to make. Since the tastemaker has enough salt, do not add more.
Try other Maggi-based recipes like the Herbed Maggi Fritters and Maggi and Baked Beans On Crackers .
- Lightly crush the maggi noodles into small pieces.
- Dry roast the coarsely crushed maggi noodles in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Transfer into a deep bowl, add all other ingredients including the prepared paste and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with sev and coriander.
Maggi Bhel Video Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Maggi Bhel recipe with step by step photos
- In a small bowl, take maggi tastemaker.
- Add tomato ketchup to it. Mix well and keep aside. Instead of ketchup you can even use khajur imli ki chutney. If you are a spicy food lover, then add schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce or sriracha.
- Lightly crush the maggi noodles into small pieces. To make this task simpler, put maggi in a ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Dry roast the coarsely crushed maggi noodles in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for 10 minutes. You will see it has turned golden brown in colour. Cool completely.
- Transfer into a deep bowl.
- Now add puffed rice to it. After all, bhel is incomplete without kurmura.
- Add roasted peanuts. You can also add masala peanuts. They give a nice bite to the bhel. Masala chana dal is another popular ingredient that goes into bhel puri.
- Add finely chopped onions. Boiled cubed potatoes, chopped raw mango can also be added.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add finely chopped coriander. You can also toss in some sprouts.
- Add sev. We have used nylon sev.
- Add finely chopped green chillies.
- Then add chilli powder. You can add chopped green chilli if you want it more spicy.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and chaat masala to give a refreshing, tangy flavour.
- Add the prepared paste and toss well.
- Garnish with sev. You can even use bhujia sev or teekha sev to make it more exciting. Sprinkle little coriander. Serve immediately or else it will turn soggy.
- If you enjoyed Maggi bhel recipe, then also try unique and exciting Cheeslings sukha bhel, oriental bhel and Mexican bhel.
- Health conscious people can toss healthy evening snacks like Nutritious Bhel, Oats bhel or Sprout and Fruit Bhel & enjoy them guilt-free.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||152.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.