Madhur Jaffrey's Chana Dal
This recipe has been viewed 14651 times
Get ready to prepare mouthwatering lentil recipe like Madhur jaffrey's chana dal, Alan's chana dal and many more at tarladalal.com. Relish the lentils in the form of curries, cutlets or soups.
- Put the dal in a heavy pot along with the water.
- Bring to a boil and remove any surface scum.
- Add the turmeric and ginger.
- Cover, leaving the lid just very slightly ajar, turn heat to low, and simmer gently for one and a half hours or until the dal is tender.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so during the last half hour of cooking to prevent sticking.
- Remove the ginger slices.
- Add the salt and garam masala to the dal. stir to mix.
- Heat the ghee in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot, put in the cumin seeds. a couple of seconds later, put in the garlic. stir and fry until the garlic pieces are lightly browned.
- Put the chili powder into the pan. immediately lift the pan off the heat and pour the mixture into the pot with the dal. stir to mix.
This recipe was contributed by mcgraff on 13 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.