Madgane By Acacia
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2549 times
Prepare the traditional sweet dish, madgane from dals and cashewnuts. The boiled dal is cooked with coconut, cashewnuts and jaggery. The madganes are typically served with raisins and cardamom as garnishing as a delicious dessert after meals are simply as a sweet snack in between meals. .
- Boil chana dal with sufficient water till soft. Keep aside.
- Blend the coconut in a mixer till smooth and strain using a muslin cloth. Keep the milk aside.
- Blend the rice in a mixer into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Combine the boiled chana dal, coconut milk, jaggery and the rice paste in a deep pan, mix well and bring to a boil till the jaggery is fully melted.
- Add ground elaichi powder.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by acacia on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.