Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11497 times
The macaroni chaat is a mouthwatering combination of boiled and drained macaroni pasta tossed with stir fried vegetables and a creamy cheese sauce .The macaroni chaat is basically a salad recipe with a typical Indian touch of flavours and chutneys added to spruce up the spice quotient.
- Parboil the green peas with salt to taste, drain and keep aside to cool.
- Boil the macaroni in plenty of water and oil till soft and done.
- Drain out the water and add 1½ tsps. butter and shake the macaroni till well coated with butter, so that it does not stick to one other.
- Heat ½ tsp. of butter on a tawa(pan)and roast the seasame seeds till light brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Mix garlic paste, cumin seed, chat masala, salt, pepper and lemon juice well. add mushroom, green peas and cooked macaroni.
- Stir well so that they get evenly coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for one hour atleast.
- Garnish with fried seasame seeds
This recipe was contributed by ssd98 on 16 Sep 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.