Mac ‘n’ Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
मॅक एन चीज़
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Mac ‘n’ Cheese in Hindi)
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31879 times
Sometimes, plain is beautiful especially when it comes to cooking for kids! Here is a simple combination of macaroni and cheese, both of which are kiddie favourites, flavoured mildly with freshly ground pepper. A baked finish and a garnish of bread crumbs gives Mac ‘n’ Cheese an
au gratin feel.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, pepper and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the macaroni, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the bread crumbs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Spread the macaroni in a baking dish and sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Mac n Cheese Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||327.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.