Maa Ki Dal, Pressure Cooker Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 142442 times
Maa ki dal , flavoured with tangy tomatoes, curds and cream-it’s a rich feeling you can enjoy once in a while. Ensure that the beans and dal are soaked well overnight.
Traditionally this dal is simmered all night long to get the unique flavour however this jiffy version is equally tasty!
This dal tastes best with Parathas or Butter Naan .
- Heat the oil and butter in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, green chillies, onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala, urad, rajma, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook on high flame for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the fresh cream, mix well and mash it lightly.
- Serve hot with parathas or butter naan.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.