This recipe has been viewed 1092 times
Discover the joy of preparing different warm and cold soups at home for family such as M soup, minestrone soup, tomato soup at tarladalal.com.
Add your private note
M Soup recipe - How to make M Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Method of preparation
- Soak the lentils and rice in water.
- Grind garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and pepper corns to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add bay leaf and chopped onions. sauté for a minute on high heat.
- Add soaked dal and rice. mix and then add the ground paste and a little water. mix and add little salt.
- When the soup comes to a boil cover and cook till the rice and dal is done.
- Strain and bring the soup to a boil again.
- Add tamarind pulp, coconut milk and stir.
- Add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Boil for some time then add crushed pepper corns.
- Garnish with boiled rice and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by iliya_s on 11 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.