Luchi ( Bengali Puri)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31389 times
A Bengali favourite, Luchi is nothing but plain flour puris that taste great with Subzis / Curries . A dollop of ghee added to the dough makes the Luchi really crisp and flaky. These white and fluffy puris are a real delicacy, which will be loved by your whole family.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the luchi on a medium flame, till it puffs up and turns brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 9 more luchis.
- Serve immediately with a vegetable or a curry of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per luchi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.