Low Fat Curd Tomato Rasam
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4337 times
The south indian tomato gravy dish mixed with delicious and healthy low fat curd. Serve with rice or have it just the way it is.
- Whisk the curds lightly with 3/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, methi seeds, red chilly, curry leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and sauté for 1 minute and cover and cook over a slow flame for 3 minutes.
- Mash the tomatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and sauté again for one minute.
- Add the curds, green chilli and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Remove from the flame.
- In another pan, heat 1 tsp oil add the madras onions and saute till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Pour on rasam and serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyasha on 30 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.