Low Fat Cream Cheese Recipe - How To Make Low Fat Cream Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83394 times
Cream cheese is a type of cheese spread available abroad in most supermarkets. Since it is not very easily available in India, I have made it using fresh low fat milk.
Being made from low fat milk and curds, this cream cheese is absolutely fat free and can be relished without any guilt even by diabetics with high cholesterol levels.
Use this cream cheese to make delectable desserts or even to make delectable dips to serve at parties along with mixed vegetable crudites .
- Put the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan, while stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, while stirring gently and wait for 2 minutes and allow it to curdle.
- Once the milk has curdled, strain using a muslin cloth. Do not throw away the whey.
- Combine the paneer with ½ cup of whey in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Use as required.
- The whey remaining after using at step 5 can be used to knead the paratha dough.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
|Energy|| 30 Kcal|
|Protein|| 3.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 4.4 gm|
|Fat|| 0.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 214.3 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 0 mg|
|Calcium|| 128.6 mg|
|Iron|| 0 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 0 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.