Low Calorie Canneloni ( Fast Foods Made Healthy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11497 times
A well balanced main dish with an italian flavour using low fat paneer for protein and whole wheat flour and vegetables for minerals, vitamins and fibre. This party favourite recipe is more appealing in its fat free form and i am sure you will enjoy it more.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, oil and salt. Add water and knead prepare a soft dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 1 hour covered with damp muslin cloth. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out the dough into small thin circles of 100mm. Top 125 mm. (4” to 5”) diameter.
- Boil plenty of water in a vessel.
- Drop one circle at a time into the boiling water, cook for ½ minute and remove. Transfer into cold water.
- Repeat for all the remaining circles. Just before use, drain out and discard the water.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions and for ½ minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1 more minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft. Cool and blend in a liquidizer.
- Add the chilli powder, mixed herbs, sugar and salt and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill each pasta circle with a tbsp of the prepared stuffing and roll up like a pancake.
- Arrange all the cannelloni on a greased baking dish, pour the tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the paneer on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.