Lotus Stem Pickled Veg
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9173 times
Tingle your taste buds with the spicy and tandgy lotus stem pickle made from chopped lotus stem or kamal kakdi.
- Scrape and wash the lotus stems and chop diagonally into thin slices.
- Add enough water in a deep pan, add the lotus stems along with salt and cook till they become soft and tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and kalonji. When the seeds crackle, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the lotus stems and potato, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar, coriander powder, garam masala and amchoor, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the anieeds powder and ginger juliennes, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander, green chilies and diced tomato.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by ramanika on 30 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.