Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7255 times
Lobhia kichidi is a nice and healthy variation to a typical khichdi recipe. The lobia or chickpeas are added o rice along with spices and cooked together to prepare this delicious lobia khichdi.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add jeera and when jeera starts splitting, add sliced onion and fry for 2-3 mins. then add green chillies and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Then add tomatoes, soaked lobhia, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Add rice and put in two to two and a half cups of water and pressure cook for two whistles.
- Open when the pressure has come down and serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
This recipe was contributed by kvs_sailaja on 10 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.