This recipe has been viewed 5964 times
A tangy lime flavoured Lime rice is a south Indian recipe with a nice sour taste embedded in the aromatic rice grains. The tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves, slit chillies and coconut add to the flavour of this mouthwatering rice recipe.
- Put the finely chopped green chillies, ginger, salt, turmeric pwd, lime juice in a bowl stir well & sprinkle over the cooked rice & stir gently with fork until the grains are coated - keep aside.
- Take a small kadai add the oil & let it get hot.
- To the hot oil add the channa dhal when it begins to get brown add the dry chillies, asafetida; mustard
- Crackle remove & pour the seasoning over the rice mixture. stir again well with fork.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves,
- Serve with pappads, pickle, & sambar.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.