Limbu Dhania ka Shorba
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15960 times
Most people believe shorbas to be creamy heavy concoctions. Here's a delicious Shorba prepared with refreshing limbo and dhania and packed with the goodness of vegetables like carrots, celery and cabbage. Limbo Dhania ka Shorba is a near clear concoction that uses besan for thickening and loads of dhania and lime, which give it a lovely flavour and texture. All in all a highly fragrant and tasty preparation that is a must try for everyone.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cabbage, carrots, onions, celery, spring onion whites, ginger, garlic, bayleaf, cloves and peppercorns and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes till the vegetables release their flavour.
- Meanwhile dissolve the besan in ¼ cup of water to make a paste.
- Add the besan paste, coriander and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain and transfer the liquid to a deep pan, add the salt and lemon juice and bring to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.