Lima Beans with Penne Arrabiana
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4629 times
A spicy tangy sauce with filling and velvety beans. You can replace the lima beans with veggies of your choice as well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, celery and garlic and sauté on a medium flame, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook till they turn soft.
- Add the tomato puree, chilli flakes, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a slow flame, till the tomatoes are completely cooked and mixture becomes smooth and saucy.
- Add the wine and mixed herbs, mix well and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, mix well and remove from the flame. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the lima bean sauce, add the pasta and toss lightly.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese and parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.