Lilliputian Palm Trees- Capsicum and Cucumber Trees ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20996 times
Flavourful capsicum atop crunchy cucumbers and viola. The perfect salad companions that you can munch on endlessly!
Add your private note
Lilliputian Palm Trees- Capsicum and Cucumber Trees ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make Lilliputian Palm Trees- Capsicum and Cucumber Trees ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 2 trees
- Beginning from the side, opposite to the tip, make deep and wide v-shaped cuts using a knife. This means that the part where the tip is there will be smaller in size than the other part.
- Using a knife lift the v-shaped capsicum edges so it becomes easier to detach.
- Pull the 2 parts of the capsicum lightly apart.
- Detach the two parts from each other completely. This is how they look like then.
- Discard the part with the tip. Clean the other part of the capsicum to remove the seeds using a knife.
- Make a small v-shaped cuts along the sides and keep aside. This forms the leaves of the palm tree. Keep aside.
- Cut the edges of the cucumber from one side so that it can stand straight.
- Using the edge of the knife and make a u-shape (around 2 cm. In length) and then pull it a bit apart.
- Make another u-shape on top of the previous u-shape in a way that the middle thin slice in between the 2 u’s can be removed and discarded. Make many such ridges at regular intervals on the cucumber. This forms the trunk of the palm tree.
- Pierce the capsicum piece on it from the centre with a pin.
- To decorate it, on a long rectangular or big oval plate, arrange 2 to 3 such palm trees. Spread the dark chocolate cake crumbs around the trees to look like the sand and use grated blue jelly to get the sea effect.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.