Lili Bataki ( Baby Potatoes in Green Gravy)
by Foodie #601338
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3202 times
Baby potatoes in a delicious curry form, flavoured subtly and aesthetically with a blend of coriander seeds, sesame seeds, coconut, peanuts, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, garam masala and green chillies. This delicious subzi taste best when served with rotis or parathas.
- Boil potatoes and peel them. Prick them using fork and saute with a pinch of salt in a tsp of oil until they starts getting light brown in color.
- Heat a pan and dry roast coriander seeds and sesame seeds together for 3-4 mins.
- Transfer them to a mixer jar along with coconut, peanuts, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Grind them all together to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel and add cumin seeds.
- Once it crackles, add asafoetida and freshly ground paste. Cook it for 2-3 mins and add kasoori methi along with all the spices.
- Add pre-cooked potatoes in it and coat them well with green gravy (add a tbsp or 2 of water if required).
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #601338 on 02 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.