Lentil and Spinach Soup ( Calcium Rich)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47267 times
This hearty soup hosts an abundance of calcium from lentils and spinach. Try it once and you are sure to go for a second helping.
- Combine the garlic and onions in a pressure cooker and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, masoor dal along with 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée to a deep pan, add the milk and chilli powder, spinach, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil
- Cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with whole wheat bread sticks.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.