Lentil Soup with Asparagus
This recipe has been viewed 6866 times
Lentil soup with asparagus is a healthy and mouthwatering hot soup recipe with lentils and asparagus cooked together and served with cream or butter as topping.
Add your private note
Lentil Soup with Asparagus recipe - How to make Lentil Soup with Asparagus
Preparation Time: 15mts Cooking Time: 40mts Total Time:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees f (230 degrees c).
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and place in a shallow dish in 1 inch of water.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with basil, cover and place on a baking sheet.
- Halve and seed the bell pepper, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake garlic and pepper in preheated oven until pepper is browned and garlic is soft, 20 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, when cool enough to handle, remove skin from pepper and chop.
- Squeeze out garlic cloves and mash together in a bowl to form a paste.
- While garlic and pepper are baking, combine lentils and vegetable stock in a large pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes, until lentils are just tender.
- Stir garlic paste, bell pepper, carrots, onion, asparagus, peas into lentil mixture, later add curry powder, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes more, until vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended.
This recipe was contributed by jyochinnu on 08 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.