Lentil Soup- Easy and Delicious
by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3866 times
A delicious soup made using red lentils flavoured with combination of vegetables and seasonings and a light dash of butter!
Add your private note
Lentil Soup- Easy and Delicious recipe - How to make Lentil Soup- Easy and Delicious
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Clean, wash and drain the dal and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, combine the dal, onions, carrots, ginger and salt and 4 cups of water, mix well and bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes or till the dal turns soft.
- Remove from the flame, discard the ginger and blend the mixture till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the flour and saute till the flour changes the colour.
- Add the milk, while stirring gradually and cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the dal puree, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 27 Dec 2011Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.