Lentil Soup (low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 273 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41062 times
This unusual soup has been prepared from masoor dal, which is known for being rich in protein and zinc. Onions and garlic impart an enticing aroma. I’ve blendarised this soup to give it a nice creamy texture without actually adding cream! it’s a great low calorie appetizer, which fills you up before the meal so that you do not binge on other high calorie foods.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions for 1 minute. Add the garlic and chilli powder and fry again for 1/2 minute.
- Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes, masoor dal and salt and cook in a pressure cooker till the first whistle.
- When cooked, blend in a mixer.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with lemon juice and garnished with boiled rice.
- Health Information :
- Pulses are an important source of protein containing twice as much protein as the same weight of cereals.
- The combination of cereals and pulses provides protein of high biological value.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Protein|| 5.5 g|
|Cho|| 16 g|
|Fat|| 2 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.