Lemon Zest Cookies
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5256 times
The cookies can also be cast into shape using the dough before baking and then the shaped cookies can be baked following the same procedure.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°c and lightly grease a shallow baking dish. Keep aside.
- Add the flour gradually to butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Press the cookie dough firmly into the greased baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- In another small bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well until smooth. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour this glaze over the baked cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp of powdered sugar on top.
- Allow glaze to firm up in the refrigerator, then cut into squares or bars.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#402092 on 04 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.