Lemon Yogurt Cake with Summer Berries
This recipe has been viewed 5876 times
Lemon yogurt cake with summer berries is a tasty, simple and quick cake recipe with lemon and curd. The lemon yoghurt cake is topped with fresh summer berries which imparts an appealing look and a superb taste.
Add your private note
Lemon Yogurt Cake with Summer Berries recipe - How to make Lemon Yogurt Cake with Summer Berries
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180c, 350f, gas 4. lightly oil and base-line an 18cm (7in) spring-form cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, melted butter, eggs and lemon zest, then quickly but thoroughly beat in the flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cake rack to cool completely.
- When cold, cut the cake in half to make two equal discs then sandwich them back together using the lemon curd. dust the top with icing sugar or drizzle over icing - icing sugar mixed with lemon juice is perfect.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and lemon zest. serve with a dollop of greek yogurt or crème fraiche, if wished.
- Cook's tip
- Nutrition figures do not include serving suggestion
This recipe was contributed by zamir.khan on 10 Jun 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.