Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7399 times
This makes a nice dessert or can be even taken on a hot summer day.
<>children as well as adults will love this cool sorbet, as most people love lemon juice.
<>I have tried and made this particular recipe many times and my family loves it and so will you.
to speed the freezing, pour the sorbet mixture into several glass bowls.
if stirred about every hour, sorbet made in this way is ready to eat in only 4 hours.
happy cooking and enjoy.
- In a medium pot over high heat, stir together the water, sugar, and lemon zest.bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer briskly for 10 minutes.(the mixture should become a little syrupy).
- Meanwhile, halve the lemons horizontally and squeeze out the juice.
- Strain the sugar syrup through a sieve into a large glass bowl and let it cool to the room temperature.
- Once the syrup has cooled, line a strainer with cheese cloth or a coffee filter and strain the fresh lemon juice into the syrup.
- Discard the lemon pulp. add additional sugar if you desire.
- Place the bowl in the freezer. after about one hour, break up the ice that has formed and stir until the sorbet becomes liquid.
- Continue freezing, breaking up the ice and stirring it at regular intervals until the sorbet is frozen to a desired consistency, 4 to 8 hours.
This recipe was contributed by ochorios on 26 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.