Lemon, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake
by shweta soni
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1126 times
Make this time-saving Lemon, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake recipe for a quick, simple and appetizing midweek meal. Pasta shells are stuffed with a mixture of citrus flavoured spinach and ricotta and baked in a thickened sauce of cherry tomatoes.
Add your private note
Lemon, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake recipe - How to make Lemon, Ricotta and Cherry Tomato Pasta Bake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas.
- Cook the pasta shells in boiling, salted water for 8-9 minutes until just al dente, drain and run under cold water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour over boiling water to wilt. Keep aside to cool.
- Pour the tinned tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon juice into a pan and bubble over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes until reduced and thickened. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then toss through the pasta shells.
- Squeeze any excess water out of the spinach, then, in a bowl, mix it with the ricotta and lemon zest. Season. Put the tomatoes pasta in an ovenproof dish and stuff as many shells as you can with the lemony ricotta.
- Scatter over the fresh cherry tomatoes, sprinkle over the gruyère cheese, then transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
This recipe was contributed by shweta soni on 24 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.