Lemon Rice Recipe ( Microwave)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22694 times
Lemon Rice is an all-time favourite rice preparation in South India, where it is made on a regular basis for lunch or dinner, offered as prasad to devotees at temples, served as part of a wedding spread, and carried frequently in the dabba to work or school.
With a holistic flavour that combines spice and tang, this rice does not need any complex accompaniments – just a papad or some crispy potato wafers would do!
- Combine the ghee and oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the urad dal, mustard seeds and asafetida, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, lemon juice, salt along with 1½ tbsp of water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- Sprinkle a little water at step 4, if the rice becomes dry.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.