Lemon Rice By Smithasrini
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2523 times
Simple, easy and delicious lemon rice recipe with lime juice , potatoes and whole indian spices. Lemon rice is a south indian rice recipe with a tangy and delicious taste. The rice is tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and sprinkled with fresh lime juice. A nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal, turmeric powder and asafetida and saute till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, mix well and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the cooked rice and mix well on medium flame.
- Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and serve with raita or kosambri.
This recipe was contributed by smithasrini on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.