Lemon Rasam By Ajsangi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2036 times
Tasty and tangy watery gravy made with dilute tur dal and tomato puree and lemon juice. A famous south indian recipe.
- Pressure cook the toovare dal with enough water and a pinch of turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep the water aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the dal water and bring to boil.
- Add 2 tsp of the grounded masala and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the coriander and remove from the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by ajsangi on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.