Lemon Rasam By Kamalacute
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2793 times
Lemon rasam presents a tangy, spicy and hot soup recipe which can also be enjoyed as curry with steamed rice. A traditional south indian rasam recipe with a hint of lemon, the lemon rasam is tempered with curry leaves, mustard seeds and slit chillies.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the green chillies and saute till they turn white.
- Remove from the oil and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal along with the fried green chillies and tomatoes and a pinch of turmeric powder and pressure for 4 to5 whistles or till the dal is cooked.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Season with mustard seeds and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 29 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.