Lemon Pickle, Nimbu Achaar
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4934 times
Enjoy the tongue tickling Lemon pickle recipe made at home with whole lime, spice powders and oil. This tangy lime based achaar is best enjoyed as accompaniment with stuffed parathas or dal-chawal.
Add your private note
Lemon Pickle, Nimbu Achaar recipe - How to make Lemon Pickle, Nimbu Achaar
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 jar
- Wash the lemons thoroughly. Wipe them dry using a dry kitchen towel.
- Cut 4 lemons into 2 halves each. Squeeze out the juice of the lemons. Separately keep aside the lemon juice and lemon skins.
- Cut 4 slits on each of the remaining lemons. Place all the lemons and lemon skins in a sterilised glass jar.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger and ground red chillies and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the lemons. Press down the lemons in the jar with a spoon so that the lemon juice covers the lemons.
- Cover with a lid and keep in the sun for 8 to 10 days or until the lemons are soft and their skins give way under the pressure of your thumb. Toss the ingredients in the jar occasionally.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 03 May 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.