by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8984 times
Kids or adults, everybody likes tangy, tongue-tickling citrus flavours, especially that of lemon. As you savour the mild tinges of lemon that cloak this easy-to-make muffin, it is almost as if a mild drizzle is washing your tired face. Serve these lemon muffins at a party, carry them along on a trip, or simple relish them for no reason at all.
- Sieve the plain flour and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and beat with help of an electric beater for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat for 30 seconds each.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice, lemon rind and milk and mix well.
- Finally fold in the flour and baking powder mixture and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour into muffin moulds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per muffin
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.