Lemon Grass and Chile Soup
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 943 times
A novel soup recipe, lemongrass and chili soup is a vegetable soup with a difference. The lemon grass and chili combination is unusual but in the soup tastes great. A perfect winter soup recipe.
Add your private note
Lemon Grass and Chile Soup recipe - How to make Lemon Grass and Chile Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- In medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth to a simmer with lemon grass stalks and dried lime leaves if desired.
- In small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, about 30 seconds. when broth has simmered for 5 minutes, remove lemon grass and lime leaves and discard. add cooked garlic and ginger to broth. return broth to a boil and stir in chile paste and mushrooms
- Cook until mushrooms have wilted, about 30 seconds, then stir in lime juice and soy sauce. remove from heat and ladle soup into small bowls.
- Top each bowl with a few tomatoes, a little cilantro and a small pinch of hot green chilies if desired.
- Alternatively, mix tomatoes and chilies together and place in a small serving bowl. set on the table for people to help themselves.
This recipe was contributed by vaishnavdhara on 09 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.