Lemon Grass Infusion Drink ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24164 times
Frankly, there seems to be nothing novel about the ingredients used in this drink. It is just a traditional combination of hare chai ki patti, pudina and lemonade! But, simple as it sounds, this quick-fix drink is just the right beverage to complement a Thai meal.
Relish this drink chilled, with lots of ice cubes. Aerated drinks (with sugar added) give you nothing but ugly calories, but this drink uses sugar-free soda and sugar substitutes, making it a much better choice for diabetics.
- Combine the lemon grass, mint leaves, sugar substitute and ½ cup of water in a deep pan, mix well and bring it to boil. Keep aside to cool.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till smooth, strain though a muslin cloth to get an infusion and keep aside.
- Add the sugar substitute and lemon juice and mix well. Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a few ice-cubes into 4 individual glasses and pour a portion of the prepared infusion in each glass.
- Pour a glass of the soda over it in each glass and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.