Lemon, Garlic, and Cilantro Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
by vrunda naik
This recipe has been viewed 3376 times
Combination of lemon,garlic and cilantro stuffed in tomatoes is a great idea to meet your nutrient requirements.
Add your private note
Lemon, Garlic, and Cilantro Baked Stuffed Tomatoes recipe - How to make Lemon, Garlic, and Cilantro Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- For the baked stuffed tomatoes you need to make 4 tomato cups out of your 2 tomatoes. To do so, cut a very thin slice off both ends of each of the 2 tomatoes, this is to create 4 flat bottoms.
- Then cut each tomato in half across its circumference. You should have 4 cup shapes, using the thinly sliced side as the bottom of the cups. To create a cavity, use a melon ball scoop to remove the seeds and pulp from the wide, fleshy side of each tomato cup.
- You don't have to be too fussy about this. You are just trying to create enough room to hold the filling. When scooping take some care not to puncture through the bottoms of the cups.
- Season the inside of the tomato cavities with salt and pepper. Reserve the seasoned tomato cups while you make the filling.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, cilantro, parsley, garlic, scallions, Parmigiano and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the filling between the 4 tomato cup cavities, pushing it into the cavity with a rubber spatula or spoon. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil into a baking dish. Arrange your stuffed tomatoes in the dish, transfer to the hot oven, and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- The stuffing and the tomatoes should be fully cooked and the top should be lightly brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 21 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.