Lemon Chiffon Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6248 times
You will love this, cool lemon filling.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured board to fit a 175 mm. or 200 mm.(7"or 8") diameter pie dish.
- Place the pastry in an ungreased pie dish of this size.Prick with a fork all over.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450 F. for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool the pastry shell.
- Mix the gelatine throughly in 1 teacup of warm water.
- Add the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Heat in a ouble boiler until the sugar and gelatine dissolve.
- Mix the cornflour in 2 tablespoons of cold water and add to the gelatine solution.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg - yolks and add gradually to the gelatine mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the lemon rind and cool the mixture.
- Beat the egg - whites stiffly, add the remaining sugar and mix well.
- Gently dold into the gelatine mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
- Chill throughly and decorate with fresh cream.
- Cut into slices and serve cold.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.