Lemon Cheese Cake By viranj
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4594 times
The lemon cheesecake recipe has the cheese cake mixture flavoured with a zesty lemon juice that lends its characteristic freshness to this dessert. The sugar substitute added in the cheesecake recipe makes it a perfect low cal choice even for diabetics.
Add your private note
Lemon Cheese Cake By viranj recipe - How to make Lemon Cheese Cake By viranj
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed pie dish
- chill until firm.
- Whisk the cream in a clean dry bowl till soft peaks form. keep aside.
- Mix the lemon rind, lemon juice, cream cheese, sugar and lemon essence till it is smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream gently so that it does not curdle or split.
- Spread the filling over the set biscuit base and chill until firm.
- Combine the sugar with ½ cup of water in a saucepan and heat till the sugar is dissolved
- Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the sugar syrup. heat stirring continuously till the mixture thickens and gets a coating consistency. add the butter and mix well.
- Cool and add the lemon juice, lemon rind, lemon essence and lemon yellow colour. mix well and keep aside.
- Cool completely while stirring continuously.
- Unmould the cheese cake and place on a serving plate.
- Pour the lemon sauce on top and refrigerate again.
- Serve chilled
This recipe was contributed by viranj on 18 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.