Lehsunwali Moong ki Dal ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49414 times
There are few recipes which cast garlic as the hero! in that respect, this is a relatively rare and enjoyable one. Of course, it is no surprise that it is coupled with moong dal. There is a reason why the small and flat moong dal is chosen when cooking for children or elders—it cooks easily, is very nutritious, and also easy to digest. Moreover, it is quite mild in nature by itself and lends itself to a lot of recipes, being very cooperative and absorbing all the flavours well. Soak the dal for an hour as mentioned here to reduce the cooking time in the microwave. Enjoy with hot phulkas or rice.
- Combine the moong dal with 1¼ cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring in between every 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and whisk well, using a hand blender.
- Add the curds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Put the oil in another small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli, curry leaves, garlic, tomatoes and ginger and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tempering over the cooked dal mixture and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin seed powder, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||97.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.