Leek and Potato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17838 times
A vegetable that belongs to the onion family, leek has a strong and distinct flavour that lends itself well to the preparation of recipes like soups.
In this Leek and Potato Soup, the leek delivers a rush of revitalizing flavour, while the potatoes and milk together give it a creamy consistency and a pleasantness that balances the strong taste of leek beautifully.
Serve this soup hot and fresh as the presence of potatoes tends to thicken the consistency after a while. A garnish of parsley is the perfect touch to raise this soup to a high level of excellence, so don’t forget it!
You can also try other leek recipes like Cheese, Leek and Dill Muffin, Savoury Muffin .
- Combine the leek, potatoes and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix gently and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with the milk and 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.