by Tarla Dalal
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25373 times
Succulent falafel patties combined with bean and spinach rice topped with hot sauce and vegetables are assembled to give you a sizzling extravagance.
- Blend the tomatoes, chilli powder and garlic in a mixer to a smooth pureé. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the prepared purée, cumin seeds powder, tomato ketchup and salt and cook till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the mixed vegetables and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot. Place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Arrange half of the bean and spinach rice on the hot sizzler plate.
- Pour half the vegetable hot sauce over it.
- Place half the falafels on one side of the sizzler plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture over the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.