Lebanese Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Lebanese Roll ( Wraps and Rolls) in Hindi)
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89236 times
Feel the soul of lebanon with this scrumptious wrap prepared with chickpea based hummus, parsley hinted falafel and sesame seeds based tahini. Adding jalapeno peppers and chilli flakes, makes this wrap really spicy too!
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the felafels over a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 to 3 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and chana dal separately. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the sesame seeds and chana dal and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Transfer the powder to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread ¼th of the hummus evenly over it.
- Place ½ cup of lettuce in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Place 5 felafels over the lettuce and spread ¼th of the tahini over it.
- Arrange 1 tbsp of jalapeno rings and sprinkle ¼ tsp of chilli flakes over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.