Layered Tikki Chole Bake By shubaraj
This recipe has been viewed 3493 times
Layered tikki Chole bake is layered snack recipe which can also be enjoyed as light meal. The potato based tikkis or flat cutlets are topped with boiled Chole or chickpeas, vegetables, cheese and chopped coriander leaves and then enjoyed with any sweet or spicy chutney of choice.
Add your private note
Layered Tikki Chole Bake By shubaraj recipe - How to make Layered Tikki Chole Bake By shubaraj
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Heat oil.
- Add cumin and onions and fry lightly.
- Add potato and fry on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire, cool and add the rest of the ingredients. and keep aside.
- Clean and soak chole overnight.
- Pressure-cook till done.
- Heat oil, add cumin.
- When it splutters, add onions and fry till brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fru well.
- Add all the masala powders, except garam masala and saute for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and salt and fry till oil floats on top. add the cooked chole, green chillies, mint leaves
- Grease a baking dish.
- Sprinkle half the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the potato mixture into 3 portions.
- Divide the chole mixture into 2.
- Spread a portion of potato over the breadcrumbs.
- Spread a chole layer over the potato.
- Dot with date and green chutneys.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with the potato layer. dot the top with the 2 chutneys.
- Place the onion.
This recipe was contributed by shubaraj on 24 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.