Layered Masoor Biryani
This recipe has been viewed 7406 times
Get together for the party time with a new and innovative rice delicacy!
- Clean, wash and soak the masoor in enough luke warm water for 2 hours.
- Divide the rice into 2 portions and add the yellow colour to one portion of rice and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and onions and saute till the onions turn pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the chill powder and biryani masala, curds, salt and coriander and mix well.
- Add the masoor and some water, mix well and cover and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- For serving, grease a serving bowl with butter and add some rice to it.
- Top with some masoor gravy, making 3 alternate layers of each rice and masoor, such that it is finally topped with yellow rice.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and fried onions.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#487478 on 16 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.