Layered Healthy Oats Biryani
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15378 times
Biryani is favourites of most of the indians. With increasing health concerns. Preparig healthy biryani helps to serve it on any day or on festive occasions as well and can be savoured without guilt.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the whole garam masala and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the oats and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add a little water, mix well and cover and cook for few minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and all other vegetables and the remaining ingredients, mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add little water, mix well and cook till the vegetables are cooked and water dries up.
- Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in a kadhai and spead a layer of oats, followed by layer of vegetables and thus followed by curds mixture.
- Cover the top wth oats mixture and spread the saffron mixture, cashews and rose petals and cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 13 Dec 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.