Layered Chocolate Mousse Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 290 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36633 times
Surprise! Here is a delicious Layered Chocolate Mousse Cake you can prepare within minutes, leave to set in the fridge and get back to other work. Yes, we mean just minutes. Made with mouth-watering choices like peanut butter, cream and of course, chocolate and topped with crushed wafer cream biscuits. This mousse cake is a real melt-in-the-mouth treat and fortunately easy to make too. Just make sure you crush the biscuits by hand and not in a mixer because it needs to be coarse for the runaway success of this dessert.
- Combine the coffee and 2 tbsp warm water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the milk chocolate and peanut butter in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till its smooth, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coffee-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the chocolate wafer cream biscuits and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a loose-bottomed cake tin, spread it evenly and keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or till set.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture over the milk chocolate layer and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unmould the mousse cake and place on a serving plate.
- Finally top it with the coarsely crushed chocolate cream wafer biscuits evenly over it and press it lightly.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.