Layered Cheese Bread
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3590 times
Get ready to devour the interestingly created snack or breakfast option, Layered cheese bread. The breads are layered with cheese and then poured over with beaten eggs, chopped onions and seasonings before placing it in the oven. The baked bread delicacy is cheesy and flavourful.
- Trim crusts from 4 slices of the bread.
- Cut trimmed slices half diagonally to make 8 triangles, set aside.
- Arrange trimmings and remaining 4 slices of untrimmed bread to cover bottom of 9x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Place cheese slices over bread.
- Arrange the reserved 8 triangles in 2 rows over cheese.
- Beat eggs, stir in milk, chopped onion, mustard, salt and black pepper powder to taste.
- Pour over bread and cheese layers.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder.
- Cover and chill for a few hours.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or till knife inserted comes in clean.
- Let stand 5 mins before serving.
- Serves 6
This recipe was contributed by USHAG on 06 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.