Layered Baked Roti
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6181 times
Roti (layered) is a roti recipe with a delightful twist. The wheat based soft dough is made into flat rotis which are layered with a spicy potato based mixture and then baked till done. The layered roti is then cut into strips and enjoyed hot with chutney, pickle or curd. A low cal, healthy and delicious stuffed and layered baked roti recipe for all.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into thin chapaties about 150 mm. (6") in diameter.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti lightly form the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli and saute for more 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, vegetables, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cashewnuts, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Remove form the flame and cool.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and keep aside.
- Place a chapati in it and spread a little stuffing on top.
- Dip another chapati in the milk-plain flour mixture and place it on top of the stuffing.
- Spread a little stuffing again and continue ending with a dipped chapati.
- Pour 2 tsp of melted butter on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 °c (400 °f) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 05 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.